The City of Lansing launched the Lansing 3.0 initiative with a vision to make the city function better through the use of technology. Part of this initiative includes Lansing Connect, a more user-friendly website and a mobile app for residents to request city services and provide up to date information on community events and neighborhood resources.
Dewpoint’s City of Lansing (COL) team played key roles in the justification, architecture, and implementation of a new website and mobile app for the City of Lansing. The solution fixed many problems with the City’s old website including its outdated design and challenges with responsive content management. The new website from Civic Plus (https://www.civicplus.com/) and the new mobile app from CitySourced (http://www.citysourced.com/) met the business and technical objectives that the City developed. It was launched in August, 2016. During the press conference to officially release the new site and mobile app, Dewpoint’s Laurel McDevitt and Alan McCarrick joined Mayor Bernero on stage. The Mayor personally and publicly thanked Laurel, Alan, and Dewpoint for their help with the project.
Key benefits of the new website include:
- Easier Content Management System
- Granular site permissions
- Mobile responsive, ADA compliant and social media integration
- Municipally-driven and focused vendor (CivicPlus)
- Best in class features such as: search, media and notifications
- Reduction in total cost of ownership from the previous solution
Key benefits of the new mobile application include:
- 2-way integrations to the two primary COL work order systems internally (CityWorks and BS&A)
- Customizable and branded for COL
- Citizens can include pictures and video of the issues they report
- A web administrative console that is user-friendly for COL staff
- Built-in reporting features and dashboard
- Website project kickoff was December, 2015 with a go-live data of August, 2016
Project details: Dewpoint staff worked with COL business departments and divisions across the city and IT leaders to further the mayor’s vision of Lansing 3.0. The new website and app are big steps toward Mayor Bernero’s goal of connecting Lansing residents, visitors, and partners to city government and truly improving citizen engagement.
Links to local news stories on the release of the website can be found at:
Link to the website (includes info on how to download the new mobile ap) can be found at: